Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wedding Planning Blues on a Rainy Day!

Perhaps part of my mood is due to the rainy, dreary weather that we've had for several days. I think it's more to the fact that a girl (of any age) shouldn't have to plan her wedding without her mother.

I went to David's Bridal a few months ago and bought my dress. I went alone. If my mother couldn't be with me, I didn't want anyone with me. Today, the girls and I went back to David's for our dress fittings. I would have gone alone today also, but it would save me trip to have the girls get fitted on the same day. It may have helped me to have my girls with me. I think they kept me busy enough not to have a complete meltdown. I'm home now and all I want to do is crawl in bed and cry.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle the actual wedding day without my Mother. I am barely coping now. There are so many times that I want to pick up the phone and call her only to realize that I can't. I do still have her cell phone number in my phone. I've thought of dialing it many times, but I don't know what my reaction would be if the number was now answered by someone else.

Mom, I really miss you.

4 comments:

Flourchild said...

Awww Amanda you made me cry. I can't even imagine how hard this must be. NO one can replace your mother...I am praying for you.

Flourchild said...

Im still crying.....

The Wiegel family said...

I get it and I this time is tough...your momma would be happy for you...of course Mrs. Tucker would have a few comments and directions on things you could do well better or hmm her way! LOL

Stella said...

Amanda, I miss your blog! Are you leaving us up in the air to never learn what happens next? :)

Love,
Stella