Sunday, September 14, 2008

Garage sale over...but I still have lots of junk.

The garage sale was yesterday. I only had about 25% of my normal turn out. I'm not sure if I just picked a bad weekend or if the ad in the paper just didn't grab much attention. Well, at least I've got everything boxed up and ready to go to either Goodwill or to keep for the neighborhood garage sale planned for next month. I don't know if I want to have another sale so soon or not..but at least it's all ready.

My brother, his wife and son (Andrew - aka Matthew) came for the weekend too. My brother, Kyle, put some shingles back on the roof for me. Some had blown off in some high winds and he took care of that for me. It was good to visit with them again. They only live about 2 1/2 hours from here, but it's hard to find time to visit in this day and time.

Now...here are the pictures of the progress of my first embroidery project.

The stitching isn't evenly spaced, but...hey....it is my first attempt. I'm sure it'll get better with time.

1 comment:

Flourchild said...

Wow congrats on the embr. work..so pretty. Im glad your sale went all right. Its crazy how we can get so much crap! I hope your day is great!