Thursday, September 11, 2008

I sure do have a lot of junk!!

I have been working in the garage all week going through boxes, sorting and tossing and making a big mess. I've come to the conclusion that I have entirely too much stuff. No one family should have this much stuff. While trying to prepare for my garage sale on Saturday, I've only focused on the garage. I have plenty that I need to go through in the house, but I haven't made it that far yet. If I don't get to all the things in the house, I guess I can have another garage sale in October which is when the neighborhood sale is.

I have priced lots of items, tossed lots and am just downright unsure what to do with a lot of stuff. I'm sure the girls would want to keep it all. They are bigger packrats than I am. I had several boxes already in the garage full of items that I had planned to get rid of. While going through those boxes, I pulled out a few items that I now want to keep. These are items that my mother had given to me. I had placed these items in the garage in the spring, but since her death in June, I guess I just can't part with things as easily.

I have also started on my new found hobby of embroidery. I haven't done much since I've been working in the garage, but I have traced the pattern onto a pillowcase and started a few stiches. I'll have to take a picture and upload it later. It's time for me to head back into the dusty, dirty garage.

1 comment:

Flourchild said...

Girl...Im not jealous of you at all cleaning out that garage! I hope your day is going well. All is well here. Samuel is playing football and is training to be the QB in his Sat. ftball game!