Tuesday, November 25, 2008

TWD - Thanksgiving Twofer Pie


Last week, I skipped out on TWD. I don't like rice pudding, so I opted to not make it.

This weeks selection was Thanksgiving Twofer Pie. It was really easy to make and mine turned out pretty well. However, I do wish that the recipe would have warned me that this pie will fill every bit of my pie shell. It did overflow in the oven, but luckily I followed directions and put my pie plate on a cookie sheet.

This is my VERY full pie before going in to the oven.

This is my pie fresh from the oven and on the cooling rack. It came out of the oven after my girls had gone to bed. They were very disappointed and wanted to have a piece before bed, but it was too late for them to wait.


Guess what I let the girls have as part of their breakfast. Yep - since they didn't get to try it the night I made it, they got it before school yesterday! Sarah liked it, but Ella didn't enjoy it as much. I certainly didn't want her piece to be wasted, so I ate it!! Yum Yum

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Yum! It looks delicious, and pie for breakfast is a wonderful thing! I'm baking this on Friday for our 2nd Thanksgiving on Saturday. Can't wait to try it. Happy Thanksgiving.

vibi said...

Welcome to the club Amanda! and thank you so much for participating with me this week!
This is one darn good looking pie! ...no wonder you enjoyed it so much!

Unknown said...

Welcome to TWD!

Your pie looks beautiful - bet it was great as breakfast!

Danielle said...

Your pie looks great! I ate mine for breakfast also!! Goes well with a cup of coffee.