Sunday, December 7, 2008

TWD - Linzer Sables


This weeks recipe can be found on page 134 or visit Dennis at his blog to view the recipe. I know it's not Tuesday, but I'm adding my December TWD baking blogs as I have time this month. It is a rather busy month you know.

The recipe was easy to put together and the end result was good. I did decrease the amount of cinnamon and ground cloves that the recipe calls for. Dorie said she liked hers spicy, but I don't like when cookies have too strong of those spices. I played safe and opted for less. The recipe calls for either Almonds, Walnuts or Hazelnuts (finely ground). I opted for Almonds and ground them up in my food processor. After adding all the ingredients in my mixer, the dough was rather dry, but I resisted the urge to add some additional liquid. Instead, I kept on with the recipe and rolled out the dough. After reading lots of comments on TWD about many bakers not being able to get enough cookies with the dough being 1/4 of an inch thick, I rolled mine out a little more.
Of course, some are thicker than others. I'm not good at rolling out the dough evenly yet. The edges are always a lot thinner.In the end, I was able to get 23 sandwich cookies. This is only 2 fewer than Dorie said she had. So, I think I did pretty well. I put raspberry jam in my cookies and the girls and I had lots of fun adding the powdered sugar to the cookies.
I think my cookies look very similar to Dorie's. What do you think??

4 comments:

Flourchild said...

WOnderful and yes I think they look like Dories. Sorry it took me so long to get to your blog..we have been super busy..you know how it is with three kids!

Pamela said...

Yes! I think your cookies turned out wonderfully. Sorry it took me just about a week to take a look, though. Great job. :o)

The Wiegel family said...

ooh girl can you move this way??? I need a baker in my midst! Hugs, Tona

Jodi Renshaw said...

You are quite the baker. I am envious :)

Love,
Jodi

(swap-bot- THis HAndmade Life)