Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TWD - Tall and Creamy Cheesecake

Oh, how I love cheesecake!! A big thank you to Anne Strawberry for this weeks selection of Tall and Creamy Cheesecake. Be sure and check out her blog!

This recipe was really wonderful. I like a good cheesecake and usually don't add any extra ingredients to my cakes. This week I decided to step out of my cheesecake box and add some Reese's Peanut Butter cups. These are the mini cups and I quarted them. I folded them into the batter just before pouring into the springform pan.
Now of course I said I don't usually add any extras into my cheesecake batter. I failed to mention that I don't use graham crackers for my crust. I have found that I like to use a box of the 100 Calorie pack of Oreos. It does take the who box crushed up, but it is really good. In the past, I have also used regular Oreos as the crust!! Wow is it good!
This is a recipe I will use again. It was really light and had a wonderful texture.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Crushed Oreos and chopped up Reese's Cups? I'm so wanting to make that inspired combination!

Pamela said...

Yep...you can't go wrong with crushed up Oreos, that's for sure!! The candy was a nice touch, too.

Rhiani said...

Peanut butter cups is one of my favorite additions to cheesecake and I love a chocolate cookie crust - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the results of your venture outside your usual cheesecake comfort zone.

CB said...

Reese cups and oreo crust?? SINFUL! My hubs was looking over my shoulder while I was reading your blog and pointed at your picture. I want that, Clara! Make me that! haha. He's so funny. Glad you enjoyed the recipe!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Amanda said...

Oooo I bet that was good with the Reeses! I loved this recipe too :)

Flourchild said...

Amanda your cheesecake looks so good. I was sorry to miss this one but I just made the pear tart. I hope it's good! Thank you for the Christmas card and the picture of the kids. It was so nice to get it! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!

Happy New Year!

AmyRuth said...

We all love an Oreo crust here. Thats a happy cheesecake you have there. Hope you have a wonderful 2009.
AmyRuth

Jacque said...

Ooooh, good call on the Reese's!! that sounds awesome.

LyB said...

Oh, yes, chocolate crust is the way to go! Looks fabulous! :)