Tuesday, February 17, 2009

TWD - Devil's Food White Out Cake


Thank you Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater for choosing Devils Food White Out Cake on page 247-249.

I had read that others had problems getting their cake to rise, but I didn't find that to be a problem for me. Mine rose and the top cracked. I wish I had taken a picture of the mess of me trying to cut the cake in half. I had crumbs all over trying to cut both of the rounds in half and trying to cut off the rounded mounds.
The frosting proved to be a little difficult for me. The temperature when cooking it just wasn't getting hot enough, then all of the sudden it was too hot. I guess it turned out okay, because the kids have NOT complained.
I put the cake in the fridge after I was done. It does give the cake more of a brownie texture when eaten, and I love brownies!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Looks great!

Amanda said...

Looks wonderful, we loved it too!

Flourchild said...

Wow Amanda you are quite the cake baker..it looks just like the picture! Its great to see you back with TWD.

Leslie said...

Wow, does this look delicious! Wasn't this cake great? It was a big hit here.