Monday, October 20, 2008

Hodge-Podge

hodge·podge (hjpj)
n.
A mixture of dissimilar ingredients; a jumble.

I think that I should have named my blog "Hodge-Podge". It is certainly a mixture of dissimilar items (just like my life). Today will be no different. LOL

I received an email yesterday titled The Most Dangerous Cake Recipe in the World. I usually quickly read over this type of email and then hit delete. I'm not sure why I kept this one, but I'm sure glad I did. The email contained the following recipe:

Ingredients

4 tbsp self rising flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract

Directions

1 - In a large coffee mug, add dry ingredients and mix well
2 - Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Add the milk and oil and mix well
3 - Add the chocolate chips (if desired) and vanilla extract and mix again
4 - Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
(The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!)
5 - Allow to cool a little. Tip the cake out onto a plate if desired
6 - EAT!! (This can serve two if you want to feel slightly more virtuous

And...why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!!



This actually turned out very well!!! It was quick and easy. I wish that the chocolate chips would have been all throughout the cake, but they settled to the bottom of my coffee mug. Then when I tipped it out onto my plate, it acted kind of like a chocolate chip frosting (which is okay too!!). This is quite a lot for one person, so you can share. I was sharing with my youngest and she liked it soooo much that she acted as if she was going to stab me with her fork if I took too many bites!

3 comments:

Flourchild said...

Hey Amanda..I like your Hodge-Podge blogging! Isn't that really just how our life can be! Your recipe looks really good. I like the pictures you took too. I am dreaming of getting a new camera. So many of the bloggers have great cameras for taking photos of food. Ya girl I have loved to bake ever since I was a little girl. I joined TWD so that's the reason I blog about food on here so much. My friend got me to join and I love it. YOU can go to my blog and find Tusedays with Dorie on the side..click on it and it will explain what it is. They are still taking newbies but it closes Oct.31..so if you want to join in on the fun..you better hurry.. You have to buy her cookbook and be willing to bake! I found her cookbook on Amazon for 6.00 $. Well have a great day!
Michelle

SkippyMom said...

This is an awesome recipe I can't wait to try for my kids! Wow, what a cute, great idea!

The Wiegel family said...

YUMMY....I love your site.. keep me posted on things. Life is good in Colorado.