Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

My friend posted a pumpkin bread recipe on her blog (http://homebakedsweetness.blogspot.com/) and I gave it a try. I had never made pumpkin bread before. I've never really been much of a baker. I'd only baked cakes from box mixes a few pies for holidays, etc. This year, I've really started to try other things and I find that I enjoy it. My girls even loves to help me and make their own pies.

Here is the pumpkin bread from yesterday. I think I'll go eat another piece now!


Here is a picture of my ugly cake!! It is the first cake I did from scratch(back in the spring). It is certainly ugly, but it tasted sooooo good.
I made the same recipe for my mom in May. She was on her way to Charleston SC with my dad and came for a few nights. She was at my house for her birthday and I am honored to have been able to make her a homemade cake for her last birthday. She loved it.

2 comments:

Flourchild said...

Girl you made it!! Im so proud of you..your bread looks amazing! Did you like the taste? What about the kids? Your going to become quite the baker before long. Your cake made me laugh.. I'd rather have ugly and taste good then pretty and taste bad! YOU know it's whats in the inside that counts..HA! Keep baking!

Sandi said...

The pumpkin bread looks great. That cake is sure covered in frosty which is enough reason for me to eat it! lol ;)